Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: no-install release - where to find?
Posted by: Jon Stephens
Date: November 20, 2017 07:47AM

What Mikael means is that you need to start the management server like this:

ndb_mgmd --config-file=path/to/config.ini

or

ndb_mgmd -f path/to/config.ini

where path/to/config.ini is the full path (including file name) to the cluster configuration file. (You can name the file almost anything you like, but "config.ini" is standard, all of our examples use it, so we recommend that you use this name also.)

The management server doesn't know where to find the file the first time it's started unless you tell it where the file is.

This is *not* the same file as my.ini or my.cnf, which is read by mysqld. The config.ini file is not supplied with the distribution; you must create it before starting the management node. The information that this file should contain is shown at https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-cluster-install-windows-binary.html following "A global configuration file from which the management node can obtain configuration information..."

In addition, if you have a data node on a host that uses a 32-bit OS, then you *must* use the 32-bit version of ndbd or ndbmtd; the 64-bit version will not run on a 32-bit OS. This is true even if the hardware is 64-bit. (You *can* run the 32-bit versions of NDB binaries on a 64-bit OS, just as with any other Windows program.)

I was not aware that the names of the .zip files had changed. Please file a bug using the category "MySQL Cluster: Documentation" to remind me to check into this and fix it as soon as I can. Thanks!

cheers

Jon Stephens
MySQL Documentation Team @ Oracle

MySQL Dev Zone
MySQL Server Documentation
Oracle

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: no-install release - where to find?
November 20, 2017 07:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.