MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Error 1112 on Innodb to ndb replication
Posted by: Vasilis Kioustelidis
Date: August 21, 2019 10:58AM

Greetings,
I have 'inherited' a peculiar mix of standalone mysql server instances that span several versions (5.1,5.5 and 5.7) and have replication. I am currently trying to migrate this setup to a NDB cluster. I discovered pretty early during the solution build that mysql 5.1 has several incompatibilities to 8.0 and to mitigate this problem I successfully set up replication from all the old servers to a clean mysql 5.7 installation ( 5.7.26-log MySQL Community Server). As a final step towards the NDB world I am trying to setup replication between the 5.7 server and the NDB cluster (8.0.16-cluster MySQL Cluster Community Server).

I first took a mysqldump of the data and edited the storage engine on all CREATE TABLE statements to ndbcluster. I applied the dump to the NDB cluster instance and all data were correctly replicated on all nodes. Finally I setup the replication channel. The slave instance (NDB) was able to connect to the master but then I got error 1112 on every table and every statement:
"Error 'Table 'network_stats' uses an extension that doesn't exist in this MySQL version' on query.".
I use STATEMENT binlog format on the master and MIXED binlog format on the slave.

Running SHOW CREATE TABLE on the master I get:
CREATE TABLE `network_stats` (
`HA_ADAPTER` varchar(15) DEFAULT NULL,
`TA_ADAPTER` varchar(15) DEFAULT NULL,
`TXNS` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`BYTES` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
`AMOUNT` bigint(20) DEFAULT '0'
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

And on the slave:
CREATE TABLE `network_stats` (
`HA_ADAPTER` varchar(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`TA_ADAPTER` varchar(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`TXNS` bigint(20) DEFAULT '0',
`BYTES` bigint(20) DEFAULT '0',
`AMOUNT` bigint(20) DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`HA_ADAPTER`,`TA_ADAPTER`)
) ENGINE=ndbcluster DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ;

Vasilis Kioustelidis

Technical Director

EDPS S.A.
+30-210-8993660, Mob: +30-6944709598,Fax:+30-210-8993662

Email:kioustelidis@edps.gr URL:http://www.edps.gr

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.