MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

slave not replicating
Posted by: David Zhao
Date: September 18, 2006 12:36PM

Hi there,

I have a 4.1.15 master and 4.1.13 slave to set up for replication. I've following the instruction from the documentation and post here (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/16/MySQLian.html, and www.howtoforge.com/mysql_database_replication) carefully, and it's up and running.

However, new changes on master are not replicated to the slave. I can see master's binlog updated, and slave's relay-bin.log updated, mysqlbinlog of relay-bin log shows many many lines of SQL statements, but none of the changes has showed on the slave. BTW, by "SHOW SLAVE STATUS" shows that Slave_IO_Running and Slave_SQL_Running are both running.

Could someone point me to the right direction here? I have many tables with auto incremental primary keys,and many insertion executed to these tables, would this be a problem?
BTW, the reason for us setting up replication is to making backup easier when we don't have to take down the master for a long time, but if we can tolerate serveral hours of outrage per week, would rsync work for this purpose too?

Thanks in advance!

David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
slave not replicating
September 18, 2006 12:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.