MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Keep-Alive in Replication
Posted by: Aaron Wallace
Date: February 09, 2005 12:55PM

I am replicating mysql between two datacenters that are connected via GRE tunnel, firewalls, load balancers, etc...

Each of these devices uses stateful inspection.

Due to these requirements, mysql must support keep-alive and does not appear to do so.

Without keep-alive, I get numerous errors in the logs stating that the slave and master have lost connection to each other and must resume where it left off.

How do I enable keep-alive within MySQL?

The work around that I wish to avoid is to tunnel the connections in SSH. Doing that will further slow down the replication. At the moment, these servers are not heavily loaded. When that changes, SSH will not be an option.

Increasing the timeouts in the firewalls is not an option and would not solve the problem regardless.

Does MySQL yet support keep-alive in its replication threads? If not, who would I speak to in order to get this added? (Excluding feature request forms)

Regards,

Aaron Wallace

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Keep-Alive in Replication
February 09, 2005 12:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.