MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Adding a second database to replication... How?
Posted by: David Strang
Date: September 07, 2007 09:47PM

Thanks Kathy.

The "new" (already existing, just not being replicated yet) DB is on the same server as the other DB that is currently replicating. On the master server, I am not using any binlog-do-db statements, so the binlog should be for all activity. On the slave, however, I am using the replicate-do-db to list what database(s) I want to replicate.

How do I add another already existing database to replication without stopping all activity on the master server? I'm trying to minimize downtime as much as possible. It's almost like I want to do a "stop slave", then run the mysqlhotcopy, and tell the slave to start again and only go until that position in the binary logs -- then after importing the data from mysqlhotcopy, then I can resume normal slave activity after adding the "new" database to the list of replicate-do-db. The thing is... I don't know how, or if it's even possible, to tell the slave to only process the log to a certain point and then halt.

Any thoughts? Or am I just WAY over compilicating this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Adding a second database to replication... How?
September 07, 2007 09:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.