MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

A question about a cluster on the basis of replication
Posted by: Anatoli Marinov
Date: September 07, 2005 03:42AM

Hi,
I am trying to create a deamon for a mysql cluster. All nodes in my cluster use MyIsam or InnoDB tables. One node In the cluster is the master and all other nodes are slaves and replicate all tables from the master. My daemon scans all nodes and collects the states from the nodes (which node is UP and which of UP nodes is synchronized with master).
When default master node falls, the daemon searches for the next node and sets it to master, then changes the master's options for all slave nodes and setups them again.
When the default master returns back I have to switch all nodes to use this master for replication including current temporary master, but for temporary master I have to drop all TCP connections from all mysql clients connected to him.
Does anyone have an idea how I can drop all clients from the server, connected with the function mysql_connect (for example connection from php scripts). I do not know a similar mysql function.

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
A question about a cluster on the basis of replication
September 07, 2005 03:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.