MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Having Replication Problems - Can Anyone Help?
Posted by: Marvin Miller
Date: December 07, 2005 06:37PM

Hi Folks;

I'm wondering if there's someone out there that can help me with a replication issue. I'm a new user and have got two separate MySQL machines up and running and am trying to replicate data between the two.

The master is set to an ID of 0 with logging enabled and it's been physically verified that it's actually making a log file :-)

The slave is set to ID 1 and can connect to the master. The problem is that I'm getting an error and replication fails. This is what the Event Viewer shows as the connection/logging handshake....

Slave SQL thread initialized, starting replication in log 'log-bin' at position 193807, relay log '.\ns2-relay-bin.001' position: 4

Slave I/O thread: connected to master 'replication@192.168.1.100:3306', replication started in log 'log-bin' at position 193807

Error reading packet from server: Could not find first log file name in binary log index file (server_errno=1236)

Got fatal error 1236: 'Could not find first log file name in binary log index file' from master when reading data from binary log

Slave I/O thread exiting, read up to log 'log-bin', position 193807

I don't know what causes this. I made a backup of the master, quickly loaded it into the slave (the data doesn't change very fast on the master) and then read off the log position on the master and entered that log number when setting up the slave. The only thing that may be worth noting is that the Master is MySQL version 4.0.16 and the slave is version 4.0.22

I really need to get replication working so if anyone can help out a newby I'd sure like it ! :-)

Thanks;
Marvin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Having Replication Problems - Can Anyone Help?
December 07, 2005 06:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.