MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Setting-up replication online-offline
Posted by: npentchev
Date: December 11, 2005 04:59AM

Hello,

What I read in mysql.com about the replication is

"The master server writes updates to its binary log files, and maintains an index of the files to keep track of log rotation. These logs serve as records of updates to be sent to the slave server(s). When a slave connects to the master, it informs the master of the position up to which the slave read in the logs at the last successful update. The slave receives any updates that have taken place since that time, and then blocks and waits for the master to notify it of new updates."

What I am trying to figure out is:
1. Will it work if my master i a local DB in an office and my slave is on the Web? From what I understand, the slave connects to the master and gets the updates. How do I achieve this with the scenario I want to have?
2. I read that the replication on MySQL is asynchronous. What does this mean? Am I right when I consider that I will have to execute an SQL statement in order to force the replication?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Setting-up replication online-offline
December 11, 2005 04:59AM
December 15, 2005 01:05AM
December 17, 2005 02:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.