MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Migration from 5.1 to 5.6, get an error replicating a password
Posted by: Steve Guntly
Date: September 25, 2013 10:20AM

I am looking at upgrading a couple of our older MySQL servers (mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.69, for sun-solaris2.10 (sparc) using readline 5.1) to 5.6 (mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.13, for solaris11 (sparc) using EditLine wrapper).

I first created a dump of all our databases on the 5.1 server. I then imported the dump and ran mysql_upgrade on the new 5.6 server. I then set up slaving with the 5.1 server as the master (using the correct bin-log and location).

The replication started out fine, but then stopped with this error:

Last_Error: Error 'Password hash should be a 41-digit hexadecimal number' on query. Default database: 'mysql'. Query: 'SET PASSWORD FOR 'webdbadmin'@'%'='(16 digit hex number removed for security purposes)''

When I check this user on the master server, it does have a 16 digit hash. On both the master (5.1) server and the slave (5.6), I have old-passwords = 1 set. I also checked the running variables:

Variable_name: old_passwords
Value: 1

Is there any other settings I need to set on the new 5.6 server so that it'll accept this from the master?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Migration from 5.1 to 5.6, get an error replicating a password
September 25, 2013 10:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.