MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Problems with replication
Posted by: David Ford
Date: August 03, 2015 07:01AM

Hello everyone,
Sorry to start my posting with a problem but I'm stuck now. I have 2 servers that are identical from a hardware and software perspective. Both servers have Solaris 10 and MySQL 5.6.19 on them. MySQL hosts 4 databases, 2 that don't change much (one or two records a year) and one that is in constant use.
One server is set up as a master, the other as a slave. I had replication running for a couple of days successfully and then it fell over with a duplicate entry error. I tried a couple of things and was not able to make it go away so I locked and backed up the master database, reset the master and then reset the slave, restored onto it, then set the master configuration (CHANGE MASTER TO.....).
When I start slave it starts to process the bin log, but only gets so far before stopping with a 'Duplicate Entry...' error.
No other user has access to the slave, so I know it's not someone else inserting while I'm running the restore or playing back the bin log. I can't ignore the error because the slave must be the same as the master.
I've had a hunt around and the closest thing I can come up with is a bug that was in 5.1 and is still in the manual for 5.6 but that bug is marked as closed. Plus, I've tried setting the logging level from BOTH to STATEMENT just in case.
I'm out of ideas on why the replication is failing.
Anyone able to point me in a new direction?
Many thanks,
David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problems with replication
August 03, 2015 07:01AM
August 05, 2015 10:02PM
August 10, 2015 03:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.