MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Re: Strange performance problem.
Posted by: Alan Johnson
Date: September 20, 2006 07:13AM

At the very least there is some disk caching going on, but where ever the caching is taking place. If you need top performance even if the table has been idle for some time, then you may want to consider a MEMORY storage engine with some kind of replication to disk if persistence is important. Or you could look into faster disks. It could be that the query is being cached itself, but my understand is that if even one character changes (even just a case change on a case insensitive letter), the query is assumed to be different and the cache is bypassed.

My office recently picked up a copy of Pro MySQL by Michael Kruckenberg and Jay Pipes. I am told both authors work for MySQL, and Jay Pipes obviously knows what he is talking about based on his posts in these forums. It is really useful for such efforts I am finding.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
August 21, 2006 05:19PM
Re: Strange performance problem.
September 20, 2006 07:13AM
September 20, 2006 07:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.