MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Server settings disabled in Administrator using Named Pipes
Posted by: heartofthematter
Date: April 12, 2005 04:28PM

I use 4.1.11 server running named pipes only. On the same machine, I am using MySQL Administrator 1.0.20. I can connect via named pipes, but to do so, I MUST use . as the host name. localhost always tries tcp/ip and fails, even though it should try named pipes. Using the advanced settings to force named pipes makes no difference.

Also, even though I am using named pipes, Administrator insists that I supply a tcp port, else the "OK" button is disabled. Any number will work, because its ignored, but the field still can't be empty.

Using the advanced settings to force named pipes does not alleviate the requirement for a port.

Here's the problem:
Once connected, if I select "Server Settings", I am presented with a panel that has all options disabled, and a message in red that states "This section is only available when connected to localhost". Evidently, Administrator doesn't recognize '.' as being equivalent to localhost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Server settings disabled in Administrator using Named Pipes
April 12, 2005 04:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.