Database corruption
Posted by: Carl Moy
Date: October 03, 2016 10:01AM

Help! We had a disk controller problem over the weekend and the MySQL database was corrupted. The only way that things will start up is if I set INNODB_FORCE_RECOVERY to 6. I was able to remove 2 tables that I think were corrupted, but when I try and restore them using MySQL Workbench Import, I get an error stating that the tables can't be created (errno 121) or (errno -1).

I do have a good backup that I can restore from, at the table level (i.e. I can restore everything or selected tables).

Questions: 1) how do I know which tables are corrupted? These are all INNODB tables. I don't see an error log that indicates this 2) How do I restore individual tables with this error? Do I need to go down to a lower FORCE_RECOVERY level? 3) if I was to just restore everything, what do I need to do to get the INNODB_FORCE_RECOVERY to work at 0 level?

This is a production db so as usual I'm under the gun to fix this ASAP.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Database corruption
October 03, 2016 10:01AM
October 03, 2016 12:34PM
December 14, 2016 11:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.