MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Every new machine blocks connection
Posted by: Vitor Vitor
Date: June 09, 2023 10:21AM

Hello

It's hard do describe my problem, but we use Visual Basic 6 app, with 3.51.12 MySQL Connector/ODBC and 5.6.20 MySQL Server, all on Windows OS.

As you can see, this is a legacy system, and also this use root user for access.
Root has all the permissions, everything seems to be OK, just this weird issue.

Everytime a new machine opens our systems, and only for the first time of new machines, MySQL blocks all the new connections (from all machines, including server itself).

To solve, I have to go to the server, set the skip-grant-tables ON, reset the mysql service, connect to the database (without password), flush privileges, reset the password for root, flush privileges again, set skip-grant-tables OFF, reset the mysql service again, and now everything works great, including the new machine!

But after another new machine comes, the same goes again and again.

I have no idea what causes this. I was suspecting of being the password, but I can't change it. The password has 12 chars length and has the symbols of "!" and "#" on it. Dunno if this is the cause, but it's weird that everything is normal, but as soon as a new machine connects, it starts the problem.

Can someone help me find the problem?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.