Connecting MySQL and Visual Studio.NET
Posted by: Mark Pursell
Date: January 12, 2005 04:38AM

Hi All

I'm am a virtual newbie to using both MySQL and VS.Net and I am trying to test out using MS reporting services with a MySQL, therefore I wish to connect VS to the mysql database so that I can design and publish reports.

I am using XP, visual studio 2003, and have also installed ms sqlserver 2000 and reporting services.

I have downloaded the MyODBC driver, and through the Administrative tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) -> Use DSN -> Add, I have added a data source (data source details, user name, and password) and have tested the connection ok.

When I go into visual studio I try to access the data source I run into problems. I open the add data connection wizard the through the server explorer. In provider I specify the "MS ... Provider for ODBC drivers" and in the next step I can see the data source name in the dropdown, I enter the appropriate user details but when I go to test the connection I get an error message indicating that the provider can not be initialised and catastrophic failure. If I then hit OK I get the error message:” Unable to add data connection. Could not determine file name of setup library"

Please can anyone offer my some guidance as to the way to fix this problem? Is it to do with settings in MySQL or is it a VS.Net problem?

Many Thanks

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connecting MySQL and Visual Studio.NET
January 12, 2005 04:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.