Bytefx <> MySQL Convertion Problems
Posted by: mike van engelen
Date: January 23, 2005 06:31PM

Hey all,

The program I wrote in VB.NET was initially based on the bytefx connector.
It worked perfectly, except one thing. This bug which I had was fixed in the new release (MySQL Connector/Net).

After converting my program to the new connector it gives new problems (the old problem is indeed solved) but this one is worse.
In VS it gives during debugging the message: "Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length"

There is no parameter with the name lenght, so I think the error is kinda weird. I solved this problem earlier to change the dbtype for a column. But in this situation the dbtype is text, and the length is 0 (exact as the database). The problem is that the new connector does not support (?) the text dbtype (with 0 as length).

Can anyone help me out ?

The problem is occuring during the following code:
Dim sqlstr As New MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO tbl_helpdesk_berichten (berichtid,cdrelatie,callid,berichtzvk,afzendertype,afzendernummer,berichttxt,datum,tijd,status) VALUES (?p_berichtid,?p_cdrelatie,?p_callid,?p_berichtzvk,?p_afzendertype,?p_afzendernummer,?p_berichttxt,?p_datum,?p_tijd,?p_status)", modShared.dbcon)
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_berichtid", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.Int16, 6, "?p_berichtid").Value = intNwBerichtid
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_cdrelatie", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.Int16, 6, "?p_cdrelatie").Value = intKlantnrOverall
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_callid", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.Int16, 6, "?p_callid").Value = intCallnrOverall
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_berichtzvk", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.Int16, 1, "?p_berichtzvk").Value = intZvK
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_afzendertype", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.Int16, 1, "?p_afzendertype").Value = 2
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_afzendernummer", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.VarChar, 255, "?p_afzendernummer").Value = modLogin.intMedewerker
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_berichttxt", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.VarChar, 0, "?p_berichttxt").Value = strBerichttxt
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_datum", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.VarChar, 10, "?p_datum").Value = strDatum
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_tijd", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.VarChar, 5, "?p_tijd").Value = strTijd
sqlstr.Parameters.Add("?p_status", MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDbType.Int16, 1, "?p_status").Value = intNwStatus
sqlstr.Connection.Open()
sqlstr.ExecuteNonQuery()
sqlstr.Connection.Close()

The database design is as follows:
::columnname:: ::dbtype:: ::length::
berichtid - int - 6
cdrelatie - int - 6
callid - int - 6
berichtzvk - tinyint - 1
afzendertype - tinyint - 1
afzendernummer - varchar - 255
berichttxt - text - 0
datum - varchar - 10
tijd - tijd - 5
status - tinyint - 1

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Bytefx <> MySQL Convertion Problems
January 23, 2005 06:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.