VWD and MySQL
Posted by: Carlos Acevedo
Date: May 19, 2007 04:02PM

Hi everybody. Recently I'm trying to use Visual Web Developer in combinaton with MySQL 5, the fact is that VWD makes a lot of things by itself, but I need to check process like autentication for a DB User, and calling Store procedures using informartion introduced in textboxes. I'm not sure if there is a way I could use code for make my own connection an retrieve my information from a DB as I could do in JAVA, it would be helpfull in many situations like checking users or verifying information. Other cuestion I need to ask you is where do this code must be placed, on the page code or in the button I use to send the information?, Can I use the button and the current page as I used to do in VB? I mean, to retrieve the information in the same page I introduce the search paramethers?

I searched many times in the web but the code I got didn't work, I'm not sure why.

I appreciatte your help,

Carlos Acevedo

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
VWD and MySQL
May 19, 2007 04:02PM
May 21, 2007 05:49AM
May 21, 2007 08:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.