Using stored procedures and datasets
Posted by: Benjamin Horsleben
Date: May 30, 2007 03:37AM

Hey,

I am trying to utilize a stored procedure within Visual Studio. The first problem occurred when I tried to add a query through the DataSet, but when I try to select the actual SP from the list, VS crashes. As a work-around, I tried to implement the call myself (with cmd.CommandText = "call <procedure..>";). It calls the SP correctly, but it is not able to fill a datatable with the results (the SP runs a select, and the results have been confirmed through the command-line client).

I know SP's can be called from VS, because I modified it to inserting the inputs into a temporary table, which it did successfully. Is there a specific problem with retrieving results from selects run within SP's, and do anyone know of a work-around I could utilize until the DataSet-interface is fully functional?

I am using the Connector/Net 5.1.1 with built-in visual studio support (don't know the version of this). MySQL version is 5.0.41. Server-machines are fully patched XP Home, XP Pro and Vista Business.

Benjamin Horsleben

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Using stored procedures and datasets
May 30, 2007 03:37AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.