MS Build warnings from MySQL.Data dll with Win10 (Community Edition)...STILL!!
Posted by: Philippe Lévi
Date: February 19, 2021 06:47AM

I'm sorry to be a hassle out there but I posted a message in September outlining an issue I had using MySQL Community with Connector .NET 8.0.21 and VB.NET, issue being that I was seeing tons of Windows System assemblies being indicated as dependencies when creating a setup program for my application.
Having asked Microsoft about this, they indicated that the dependencies were generated by MySQL.data dll

Asking the MySQL community here, I just received a message from someone who indicated that this at least did not show with 8.0.22 .NET connector.

Now, we're 5 months later and I AM using 8.0.22 and I STILL see the same list of dependencies being generated as soon as I create the setup program.

To be sure that no other package could be involved, I just wrote a few lines of code, defining the connectionstring and testing if the connection was open, nothing fancy...

And yet, 139 system assemblies get added as dependencies as soon as I add the setup project ingluding Google.ProtoBuff, K4os stuff and BouncyCastle.Crypto among others!!!

Could anyone pls try to explain what happens here when simply using a reference to MySQL.data?

Thx

Philippe

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MS Build warnings from MySQL.Data dll with Win10 (Community Edition)...STILL!!
February 19, 2021 06:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.