MySql Connector/Net 5.1.6 backward compatiblity
Posted by: Robin Massart
Date: December 02, 2008 06:20AM

I have developed a number of ASP.Net web apps using the MySql Connector/Net 5.0.5 and our server has that version installed on it.

Our newer products use MySql Connector/Net 5.1.6 and is running on the same server. When I try to run the app on the server I get the following message:

"Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=5.1.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

I understand that this means I need to install version 5.1.6. However, when I try to install it, it tells me to uninstall the previous version. If I do that, will the older apps be able to run with the new version of the connector without needing changes. ie is is 5.1.6 backward compatible with 5.0.5. Or is there another way of installing both on the same machine.

Thanks for your help,
Robin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySql Connector/Net 5.1.6 backward compatiblity
December 02, 2008 06:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.