Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts on my Virtual Server
Posted by: Robert Stoye
Date: August 29, 2011 06:36AM

Hi there,

I have my own linux (debian) virtual server and it's running mysql and phpmyadmin for a few weeks now. I never really had the time to do anything with it, but I wanted to develop a little .net application to do specific things with my database.

I installed the .Net Connector, implemented the references in my project and tried building up a connection.

String connStr = "server=178.63.170.60; database=ctp_main_db; uid=root; pwd=XXXXXXXX;";

This is my connection string. However, when I get to connection.Open() it jumps into the catch-part and throws the error: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts

I then tried adding the server to the Server Browser of Visual Studio 2010, but when I click "Test Connection" I get the same error.

Are there still some things I have to consider or change first? I also tried it after disabling the firewall on my vserv, but that didn't change anything.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2011 06:37AM by Robert Stoye.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts on my Virtual Server
August 29, 2011 06:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.