Re: Cant uninstall MYSQL Connector/NET 6.6.5
Posted by: Rick Zelman
Date: April 23, 2013 02:52PM

Same problem, only I know why the installer fails. The connector thinks I have VS2012 installed in this box. This box only has VS2008 and VS2010 installed.

Using the change option for the connector in the control panels add or remove programs, I started changing each option, one at a time, to be unavailable for this install. I was able to remove everything, properly as expected, except for the core components and of course the phantom installation of VS2012.

The code is actually doing what it's supposed to do. I can see my hard drive led light up and the progress bar advances as the code is removing the connector from the 2012 config. But at the very end, it attempts to write its changes to somewhere and it fails. Then it just teases me while it does a rollback putting everything back where it didn't belong in the first place.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Cant uninstall MYSQL Connector/NET 6.6.5
April 23, 2013 02:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.