Re: MySQL deleting all recent inserts in all tables
Posted by: Amador Rodriguez
Date: January 15, 2019 01:00PM

It means that at 9am one record was inserted in one table and about 120 in another table. This happens every morning. Today everything went fine, as usual. After those records are inserted, the same amount of users get an email, they click on a link, the app reads those records and they have access to the energy news. Everybody did that today, during the timeframe 9am-1pm, maybe 2pm. Nobody complained, the records were inserted correctly. They were read correctly during at least 4 hours. Then they all disappeared.

Frankly, I do not know much about MySQL administration. I am a .NET programmer with a much higher experience administering MS SQL. SQL injection is out of the question. Firstly because all queries are against stored procedures, parameterized, following all the best practices. The bad guys could have deleted the whole database or some related records instead. This application has been running for almost 4 years.

.NET connector has nothing to do with this, absolutely not. It's a clear bug of MySQL server. Something happened that caused this massive deletion of records, all with a common denominator, they had been inserted today.

How can I have a guarantee that it will not happen again? That's why I need to know the reason why it occurred.

By the way, thank you very much for your replies. As I get in my office tomorrow I will try to have a look at the logs. Cannot do it from here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL deleting all recent inserts in all tables
January 15, 2019 01:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.