ProviderIncompatibleException: A null was returned after calling the 'GetService' method
Posted by: Simon Georges
Date: October 04, 2021 11:54AM

Hi

I have an error on dotnet entity.
I use MariaDB 10.6 and .Net Framework with Net connector 8.0.26.
with an application updated from .net 3.5 to .net 4.7.2.

When I open a connection and execute sql everything is working fine.
When I try with entity (based on edmx) using the working connection string for provider I have a ProviderIncompatibleException.

ProviderIncompatibleException: A null was returned after calling the 'GetService' method on a store provider instance of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory'. The store provider might not be functioning correctly.

Here is the entity connection string :
metadata=res://*/App_Code.MyModel.csdl|res://*/App_Code.MyModel.ssdl|res://*/App_Code.MyModel.msl;provider=MySql.Data.MySqlClient;provider connection string="server=localhost;database=MYDB;user id=MYUSER;password=MY_PWD;characterset=utf8mb4;persistsecurityinfo=True;Integrated Security=True;sslmode=None;pooling=False"

The web.config contains entityframework configuration :

<entityFramework codeConfigurationType="MySql.Data.Entity.MySqlEFConfiguration, MySql.Data.EntityFramework">
<providers>
<provider invariantName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlProviderServices, MySql.Data.EntityFramework" />

What am I missing ?

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.