100 second delay in connection?!?
Posted by: Scott Leonard
Date: December 03, 2004 01:10PM

I have created a winform usercontrol that uses the MySQL .NET provider (I have tried the ByteFx version also). If I drop my control on a winform and run
the app, my db connection happens instantly. If I host my control in ASP.NET in IE, there is _always_ a 100 second delay before the connection is made.
The delay _seems_ to come from StreamCreator where it is creating the socket connection. I have tried running on my local IIS against my local MySQL
and also in a hosted environment with the same results. The usercontrol is strongly named and I have created the security policy in .NET to allow it to run
off the web. The fact that the delay is always 100 seconds seems very suspicious to me. The actual query doesn't seem to matter. The delay is tha same if
I do a SELECT * to fill a grid or if I just look up a user/pwd. Server versions I have tested against are 4.0.12 and 4.0.18. Any ideas?

Thanks,
sbl

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
100 second delay in connection?!?
December 03, 2004 01:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.