Re: MySQL java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
Posted by: Lavanya Rathnakumar
Date: June 19, 2009 06:45AM

Hai,

Iam also getting the same kind of exceptions as above.I have some doubts i thought it will be the better place for it.Please let me know.

In my application iam using c3p0 connection pool then also iam getting the exceptions very rarely.One morething it seems MySQL will timeout the session which are not used or idle for such a longtime.Iam using hibernate in my java application in which i used to have opensession() onetime and then all times iam calling only getcurrentsession().So according to my understanding it wont have idle connections then why its getting timeout.
Is there any special functionality idle states here.Iam confused i browsed and got so many solutions then also i didn't get clear idea.
In c3p0 manual they told exception will come for example if the restart occurs after a Connection to the database has already been checked out. If we are controlling the connectionpool they how MySQL will restart or kill some session,
Please help me in this issue.

Thanks in Advance,
Lavanya

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
June 19, 2009 06:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.