Sha256 Athentication Plugin
Posted by: Ralph Loser
Date: November 12, 2014 01:43AM

Hello Everybody,

i have issues using the sha256 authentication plugin together with the latest mysql-Jdbcconnector in my android app. After implementing a class which implements the authentication interface like in the example which comes with the mysqlconnector, I can't retriev the RSA public key from the server (method getPublicServerRSA() returns null!)
I created a user how it's discripted in the documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/sha256-authentication-plugin.html

I'm using the latest community server, I think it's 5.5.18, compiled with openssl. OpenSSL is switched off due to the configuration in my.cnf.

I tried to connect with the user which was created to use sha256_password. Tracing with wireshark shows me that I get a server greeting with the information of sha256 password. But then the client doesn't seem to send a request for the retrieval of the RSA-Key. After a couple of SYN, ACK and FIN telegrams at the TCP-Layer nothing happens anymore and my application throws an EOFException with the message that 4 bytes where expected but 0 bytes where received.

Can anyone help me on this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Sha256 Athentication Plugin
November 12, 2014 01:43AM
November 13, 2014 01:30AM
November 14, 2014 11:26AM
November 14, 2014 11:24AM
November 27, 2014 05:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.