MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Perl

Re: install_driver(mysql) failed
Posted by: Doug McLean
Date: March 27, 2008 05:35AM

It strikes me as a little impolite to just post an error message with no "hello" or "please help" to go with it. Not even a question. We're left to assume the question is "what does this mean and how do I make it go away?" - in which case my answer would be "read what it says and apply a little common sense".

If Perl says "Can't locate XYZ.pm in @INC" it means that the module XYZ hasn't been installed, and your first response should be to install it. There's plenty of documentation on how to install modules out there - ActivePerl's PPM makes it as easy as it could possibly be, or if you're not using ActivePerl, there's a good guide at CPAN (the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network - www.cpan.org). I for one learned how to install modules on a Linux machine just the other day, from their how-to.

Sorry if this sounds a bit condescending or whatever, but if you don't include any explanation with your post, then it does look like you haven't bothered trying to figure it out and you're just expecting others to hold your hand.

Anyway, I have a question now that I've offended people... :D
Does anyone have any idea why a perl script that connects to a MySQL database using DBI and DBD::mysql, works fine on the command line but not on the web? I'm using IIS 5.1 on Windows XP SP2 and I get this error message:

=====
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.dll' for module DBD::mysql: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230. at (eval 2) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 3. Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected at C:/epages5/Perl/site/lib/mymodule.pm line 164
=====

The machine has MySQL server 5.0 installed and the MySQL "bin" directory is in the PATH, so I can't figure out what library files might be missing. I don't think it's permissions, as I'm logging into the web page as the same user that I use on the desktop. (IIS uses system accounts for password-protected pages, unlike Apache, and once you log in it runs scripts under that account.)

Thanks
Doug

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
February 23, 2006 07:49AM
February 23, 2006 07:02PM
April 22, 2006 01:36PM
April 22, 2006 06:50PM
September 13, 2007 06:54AM
h h
October 30, 2007 01:15AM
January 13, 2008 01:25PM
Re: install_driver(mysql) failed
March 27, 2008 05:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.