MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Automatic notification of errors with your MySQL database
Posted by: Chis Florinel
Date: August 29, 2005 08:03AM

Also, another downside that I had in mind, but I was caught up with the other idea:
you have to code 1 extra line for each mysql_query statement...

The example with spam, was pretty extreme, but I just wanted to make a point (so I exagerated).

It is a good idea to get notifications when mysql_query, running important queries fail, if you don't use transactions. and your solution is a way to implement this.

Another thing is: when I saw your link to that forum, I just thought that you are advertising your solutions on a public forum (masked of course), so I just didn't like the idea (or I just suffer from paranoia).

Best regards.

PS: your forum has a nasty error:
Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1034 Incorrect key file for table 'u'; try to repair it

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 296 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 398
File : viewtopic.php

PSS: My name is Chis (no r)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.