MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: php5 with phpMyAdmin won't browse tables, Apache crash
Posted by: Jared Ritchey
Date: October 15, 2005 07:58PM

The solution to the problem that an associate of mine from seriouslistings.com suggested was this....

If you have a W32 OS and are running Apache with PHP 4.5+ then a common reason is that you installed as a module and are using the Zend Optimizer.

As tested we found that if your php.ini file is in your WINNT or WINDOWS directory and you leave the php DLLs in the c:\php folder then the problem will persist.

I tested by commenting out the bottom three lines in my php.ini file as follows;

[Zend]
#zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\Optimizer\lib\Optimizer-2.5.10"
#zend_extension_ts="C:\Program Files\Zend\Optimizer\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll"
#zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15

And it solved the problem on my tests. My "GUESS" is that when you install zend that you "DO NOT" use the default methods in the installer and when you select the location of the php.ini file that you be sure its in the c:\php directory.

Another thing I would check is the system properties.

1) Right Click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
2) Select the Advanced Tab
3) Select the button "Environmental Variables"
4) Select the "variable" from the list titled "PATH"
5) Make sure you have something like this;
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;c:\php;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin

Best of luck and I've no idea on a WIN2K machine

Jared
http://www.jaredsdesigns.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2005 08:10PM by Jared Ritchey.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: php5 with phpMyAdmin won't browse tables, Apache crash
October 15, 2005 07:58PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.