MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Re: Root is tryng to resolve to a Chinese IP address
Posted by: Osa Walls
Date: December 08, 2017 07:00PM

Hi Peter: I have been working on a lot of other projects and missed your last post until this morning. As for the trojen, I tend to agree with you 100% as I left MySQL in start mode the last time I diverted my A records to my outside hosted server while I resolve this problem on my server. I looked at my server error log a few days ago and saw 40+ attemps from 4 or five different Chinese IP address. Fortunately none of them get resolved and they do not get any further than local host.

I somewhat disagree about using an api data input via the root. There are currently around 2500 to 3000 active and inactive users of MeteoTemplate that are using MySQL to process large amounts of real time weather data. The built in setup.php script automatically sets up the database and schema in the root (localhost). Live weather data in most setups uses api to send data from the weather instruments into the data base. I am probably the only one of the lot that is trying to use a local server. The cost of bandwidth and storage for this site from a US provider has a rather high annual cost. I am currently using a temporary server in Czek for about $8 per year.

Anyway, I have found a site where I can hire IT help from a range of $40 to $125 per hour. I am going to give it a try

Peter, I really appreciate you help. I have learned much from you that has given me a key to learning much more on my own. The way I am going, I might master MySQL long before I resolve the problem..

Pat

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.