MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PHP

Can't for the life of me figure out how to do remote MySQL over SSL in PHP
Posted by: Triton Truello
Date: December 09, 2021 08:07PM

I have confirmed that I have SSL remote connections working (tested from the command line mysql-client remotely).

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this work from PHP land though. I am novice when it comes to encryption.

This is my connection script:
# Init SQL Link
$con = mysqli_init();
if(!$con) 
{
  die('Init Failed');
}

mysqli_ssl_set($con,null,null,null,null,null);
mysqli_options($con,MYSQLI_OPT_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT,false);

if(!mysqli_real_connect(
  $con,
  'myserverip',
  'myusername',
  'mypassword',
  'mydatabase',
  3306,null,MYSQLI_CLIENT_SSL
))
{
  die('No SQL');
}

The error reported to me is:

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1044): Access denied for user 'myusername'@'myservername' to database 'mydatabase' in /var/www/html/public_html/test.php on line 39

I have the following SSL files (which I believe were generated via command line utility mysql_ssl_rsa_setup)

ca-key.pem
ca.pem
client-key.pem
client-cert.pem
private_key.pem
server-cert.pem
public_key.pem
server-key.pem

Would anyone happen to know which of these and in which order I use them in mysql_ssl_set()?

Please and thank you so much. No amount of Googling has lead me to the answer and I suspect it's due to me not understanding how the Encryption works OR not understanding how my webhost has configured their mysql-client.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.