MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

SQL Mode per user?
Posted by: Mark Mokluk
Date: August 04, 2005 03:00PM

Is there any way that you can set the sql mode on a per user basis?

I'm aware that you can set the default sql mode and then change the sql mode after startup time on a per client basis by using:

SET SESSION sql_mode='modes'

From what I gather, this requires that either the client be aware that it is changing the sql mode by issuing the statement itself, or possibly by issuing the statement as an initial statement using the MySQL Connector/ODBC driver.

However, it would be useful if I could set the sql mode on a per user basis. I have several client apps that access the same database via different methods, including the MySQL ODBC and J (Type 4) drivers using a generic database user account. These clients would all require a sql mode change. Those clients also run on other DBMSs.

So, ideally, it easier if I could set the sql mode on a per user basis. That way the clients could be abstracted from having to detect the database and set the sql mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
SQL Mode per user?
August 04, 2005 03:00PM
August 22, 2005 03:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.