MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft SQL Server

Re: VIEW DEFINTION permission
Posted by: Orlando Colamatteo
Date: September 23, 2010 07:17AM

Thank you very much. You're proof of concept worked for me, and showed me that what I would like to do is possible. That said, while the proof of concept worked in the "test" DB on my system, it is not working in my user-defined DB. As I showed in my original post the user I want to allow to view procedure definitions has SELECT rights on * in my user-defined DB and yet still cannot view procedure definitions. Are there any other database-level permissions I should look at? Any other ideas?

As an aside, while playing around with the proof of concept code I ran across some odd behavior that appears to be a bug in the REVOKE command, or maybe the test DB is a special DB and it is of no concern. After issuing the proof of concept commands from your post if I then issue this:

REVOKE SELECT on *.* FROM user1@'%';
GRANT SELECT ON my_user_defined_db.* TO user1@'%';
SHOW GRANTS FOR user1@'%';

Resulting in:

GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'user1'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*HIDDDENHASH'
GRANT SELECT ON `my_user_defined_db`.* TO 'user1'@'%'

I find that even after disconnecting and reconnecting user1 still has rights to view procedure definitions in the test DB.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
September 20, 2010 12:16PM
September 22, 2010 02:04AM
September 22, 2010 08:31AM
September 23, 2010 01:18AM
Re: VIEW DEFINTION permission
September 23, 2010 07:17AM
September 23, 2010 08:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.