MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Informix

Re: Sequential mysql reads
Posted by: Stephen Chapman
Date: September 16, 2006 08:41AM

I have tried and am still trying to make it better. I have created solutions in VB / JAVA / and most recently PYTHON. It would be great to compare notes. The approach I have taken is to make a file system listener and any time there is an update to one of the isam files to convert the C-ISAM file to MySQL. I have been able to do this in Java very well but the resources taken are 21% CPU on a single CPU system. and 200K memory. Not too great. The Solution I am working on now with Python takes about 14% CPU and only 70K memory. However I am very hopeful that the Python soulution will allow me to write back to the ISAM files because of the way Python handles reads and writes to files. Please let me know if this meshes with anything you are doing. I have found very few people to collaborate with in this project and some fresh ideas would be welcome. Thanks

Stephen

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 06, 2006 10:22AM
Re: Sequential mysql reads
September 16, 2006 08:41AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.