MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: subforms using macros to update related fields
Posted by: George Loeppky
Date: April 22, 2005 10:08AM

Ok, I figured out my issue.

At one point I was testing with MSAccess 2000 and discovered issues on the form, so I started removing what I thought were unnecessary tables (due to my inexperience with Acces forms) from the query for the form. Later I realized that I needed all the fields from the other tables to copy the data from one table to the other. So basically I have all the tables in one query and use a macro to copy data across.

Well it seems that Access 2000 (particularly under CrossOver Linux and MyODBC 3.51.9) has issues with a query with multiple tables with fields names that are the same. For some reason it doesn't work to reference the field names by <table name>.<field name>. So for Access 2000 I had to rename the fields in the query so that all the fields were unique. Under Access 97 (under MS XP and MyODBC 3.51.9) there is no problem with this.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: subforms using macros to update related fields
April 22, 2005 10:08AM
May 26, 2005 07:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.