MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

ODBC Connection for MS Access 2013 Drivers
Posted by: A Placer
Date: September 11, 2015 10:34PM

I've been trying for days to migrate Access 2013 data to Workbench to which I wish to use from hereon. My Windows system is 7-64 bit Home Premium. I've followed forum & other instructions to point to SysWOW64 etc.

The major problem evolves around the Access drivers. (Via the wizard), after selecting under User DSN tab
Name: MS Access Database
Driver: Microsoft Access Database (*.mdb, *accdb)

when I go to Drivers Tab I can't find a Access driver option that also includes *.accdb option relevant to Access 2013. Result is I can't connect.

To get around this I went into Access 2013 and saved the file to an earlier *.mdb version. This worked fine until the Workbench wizard got to last step ...
"Migration: Could not read from System Tables. You must grant SELECT access on all system tables for the database."

When I went into Access 2013 to grant access for this earlier version it still didn't work.

I've tried to find a download for a MS access 2013 *.accdb inclusive driver without success. I did find ms link https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=13255 but being a newbie I have no idea of the implications of this download which "...install a set of components that can be used to facilitate transfer of data between 2010 Microsoft Office System files and non-Microsoft Office applications".

Furthermore, when I now click on User Access Database DSN it now returns the message "The setup routines for Microft Access Driver (*mdb, *.accdb) ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall driver," When hit OK button, it is followed by another window (Titled Driver's ConfigDSN,ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed) with "Errors Found: Component not found in the registry" message. Same result if I click on the drivers whether in System32 or SysWOW64 folder.

At my wits end and it's holding up opencart web implementation.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
ODBC Connection for MS Access 2013 Drivers
September 11, 2015 10:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.