MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Migration from MySQL 4.1.15 to MySQL 5.0.51: Sytnax error in JOIN query
Posted by: Ben Koehne
Date: February 21, 2008 03:42AM

Hello community,

I'm trying to migrate a database from MySQL4 to MySQL5 and have some queries working fine with MySQL4 but not with MySQL5.
I've tried many possible solutions and checked the documentation (Join Processing Changes in MySQL 5.0.12, http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/join.html) but I can't see how this would affect my query. Here it is:

SELECT call.call_id AS ID, call.long_description AS Description, product_version.product_version_name AS Version, build.build_name AS Build
FROM (
call
LEFT JOIN product_version ON ( call.product_version_id = product_version.product_version_id )
LEFT JOIN build ON ( call.build_id = build.build_id )
)

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'call
LEFT JOIN product_version ON ( call.product_version_id = product_version.pr' at line 3

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Ben

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Migration from MySQL 4.1.15 to MySQL 5.0.51: Sytnax error in JOIN query
February 21, 2008 03:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.