MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Re: Help needed for migrating an Oracle UDF to Mysql UDF
Posted by: Praveen P
Date: November 05, 2016 02:07PM

Thanks Mr. Peter Brawley,

Yes, I am aware that MySQL Jaro Winkler function is already available but it is failing sometimes when we pass the alpha numeric values in two strings like

SELECT jaro_winkler_similarity('SPORTLINE', 'C200 D SPORTLINE') is returning 0

SELECT jaro_winkler_similarity('100 Business', 'Business 100') is retunig 0

SELECT jaro_winkler_similarity('F52Business', 'Business 100') is also returning 0

It fails even when the special characters are found in either or one of the input strings.

I tried modifying the MySQL jaro Winkler version from (add https as prefix for the URL) "androidaddicted.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/jaro-winkler-sql-code/" first but it was not fruitful.

When I tried it with the Oracle built in function from "UTL_MATCH.jaro_winkler_similarity" all those failure cases I found them working.

That was the reason I thought I will modify the Oracle version provided in "www.orafaq.com/forum/t/164224/" and try the same. Oracle 10G and greater version has this function as a system defined function. For 9i they have given the code to compile and use it.

If you know why mysql version is failing when it is used with the Alphanumeric values, please share it. If the same can be fixed to make it work for the Alphanumeric values then that will be really nice.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Praveen

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.