MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Use of stored procedures and functions
Posted by: Ingvar Engelbrecht
Date: September 25, 2017 03:01AM

I have a PHP routine that is rather complex and it checks if one polygon shares any area with another polygon. One of the polygons is a bigger one with a fairly large number of coordinates so its a rather compute intense process. I am developing for a customer and he has suggested to change it to a MySQL stored procedure or function for better performance. After looking into this my opinion is that near to 200 lines of code and quite a lot of array processing I very much doubt that this is the way to go.
I would very much appreciate an opinion before delving into a complex conversion to a stored procedure or function. In my opinion the use of stored procedures is really what to use with complex queries not a lot of other processing but I might be wrong about that

If someone wants to check the code it is tempoarely displayed on my blog "Ingvar i Las Palmas" (ingvare.wordpress.com) "Code"

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Use of stored procedures and functions
September 25, 2017 03:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.