MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

Re: Using Sequel Pro and keep getting syntax errors for my trigger...
Posted by: Jim Reamer
Date: December 20, 2017 01:17PM

Both tables have a primary key. wp_terms is a Word Press table, and the rows are in that table are only created when someone/something is tagged. I want that table to mirror the table I (and others) input into directly. I can do that manually, via an UPDATE or create a trigger. I chose the last of those three options.

There might be a smoother way of doing things, but they often can change anytime WordPress updates. I wrote a plugin causing a_players to mirror wp_terms, but it never solved the problem a_players has way more information and updated more frequently than wp_terms.

I also don't want to reference a_players via some id number from wp_terms. It's not efficient. I also don't want to have query something anytime I want to make an addition, especially since some of it is on my phone. I want to be able to open and type.

I could write a front end solution on the site that updates wp_terms while I add rows to a_players, but I have a nifty iPad app that allows me to work offline, creating one big query until I'm able to upload. It's a beautiful thing. It's simple and works. The front end solution won't even let me do that if I'm in a gym that gets zero service or WiFi.

I had a question involving syntax. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.