MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: MySQL 5.6.21 signal 11 crashing instantaneously after START SLAVE
Posted by: Sean Nolan
Date: November 07, 2014 09:31AM

This is the bug that AWS have referenced (unfortunately Oracle have it marked private so you cannot get any info about it!, but its description basically says that row-based replication of tables with old format temporal types can crash the slave)
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=74188

The AWS info is on this page
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/CHAP_MySQL.html#MySQL.Concepts.KnownIssuesAndLimitations
in the section titled "Replication Fails After Upgrading to MySQL Version 5.6.21". They show a query that you can use to find tables that have old format temporal columns. I have rebuilt all my tables that had old format columns and I have not seen any issues. Note that the old format has a value of 6 for MTYPE and the new format has a value of 3 for MTYPE, so you do not need to rebuild a table unless it has one or more columns with MTYPE of 6.

Right now the query on the AWS page includes tables with MTYPE of 3, which it should not, so I'd recommend this slight modification:

SELECT DISTINCT CONCAT('ALTER TABLE `',
REPLACE(is_tables.TABLE_SCHEMA, '`', '``'), '`.`',
REPLACE(is_tables.TABLE_NAME, '`', '``'), '` FORCE;') AS AlterTables
FROM information_schema.TABLES is_tables
INNER JOIN information_schema.COLUMNS col ON col.TABLE_SCHEMA = is_tables.TABLE_SCHEMA
AND col.TABLE_NAME = is_tables.TABLE_NAME
LEFT OUTER JOIN information_schema.INNODB_SYS_TABLES systables ON
systables.NAME = CONCAT(is_tables.TABLE_SCHEMA,'/',is_tables.TABLE_NAME)
LEFT OUTER JOIN information_schema.INNODB_SYS_COLUMNS syscolumns ON
syscolumns.TABLE_ID = systables.TABLE_ID AND syscolumns.NAME = col.COLUMN_NAME
WHERE col.COLUMN_TYPE IN ('time','timestamp','datetime')
AND is_tables.TABLE_TYPE = 'BASE TABLE'
AND is_tables.TABLE_SCHEMA NOT IN ('mysql','information_schema','performance_schema')
AND (is_tables.ENGINE = 'InnoDB' AND syscolumns.MTYPE = 6);

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL 5.6.21 signal 11 crashing instantaneously after START SLAVE
November 07, 2014 09:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.