MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Help using MySQL reformatting data
Posted by: Nirgal Nirgal
Date: October 01, 2023 11:01PM

I have received data in an improper form, but I don't have the time and leverage to make them reformat it.

So, I am looking for ways to efficiently reformat it myself. I can do it manually, but it would take me unnaceptable amount of time.

Basically the data is a list of convenient stored with listed skus.

But instead of using a single column for product, they made each product its own column and put a "1" if the product was present. This was done because the same convenient store can have many skus.

You can imagine it simplified as:

State - city - convinient store - chocolate_sku - strawberry_sku - cookiescream_sku

I want to change it so that there is a single column for product and I will just add individual rows if a convient store has more than one sku.

State - city - convient store - product

My problem now is that reformatting is very time intensive and I am not sure how to do it fast. I can do it manually in excel but it's a huge waste of time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help using MySQL reformatting data
October 01, 2023 11:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.