MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Is MySQL the tool I need?
Posted by: Sandra Mayor
Date: April 09, 2009 01:37AM

Good day

This is my first post so please forgive me if I did not post in the adequate section.
The object of this post is to know if MySQL is the tool I need to build my project.

I want to build a web site with the following functions.

A page with nutritional food cards similar to this one:

Another page in which the user can calculate calories, carbohydrates, fibre, etc. With the left hand menu the user can search for a food once he has found it should enter in the right hand section of the page. When you clicking on the arrow of the drop down menu the user can choose if he wants ounces or grams once chosen the program will do the appropriate calculation. Something like this:

While the user is choosing the foods he wants a chart such as this is being built.

Once the menu completed the results would be kept in the server for further reference.

What I have in mind is something like FitDay but in Spanish.
I believe I have an ambitious project but with time, hard work and help I am sure that in the long run I can have it done and going.

As of now I want to thank you for your advice.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Is MySQL the tool I need?
April 09, 2009 01:37AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.