MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Unable to login to mysql database after system restart
Posted by: Vaj B
Date: December 16, 2011 12:45AM

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response. I have tried the options that you specified above, but still unable to login to mysql. Every time I restart my machine, I have to reset mysql root password inorder to login to mysql.

Please find the steps below that I followed after I restarted my windows machine.

1. Tried to login to mysql using the 'mysql command Line Client'.It prompted for the password. Typed in the correct root password and hit enter. The command line client window closes automatically.

2. Tried to login to mysql via command prompt (i.e Run--->cmd --> command prompt window opens).In the command prompt, Navigated to the mysql bin folder and executed mysql command. As you specified. Received the below error message

ERROR 1045<28000>:Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' <using password: NO>

3.After the above, tried to specify the username and login to mysql by executing the below command

mysql -u root -p

Got the below error

ERROR 1045 <28000>:Access denied for user'root'@'localhost' <using password:YES>

Every time, after I restart my machine, I had to reset the root password for mysql usign the below command in order to login.

c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0"\bin\mysqld-nt --init-file="C:\mysql-init.txt"

Please let me know if there is any alternate way or am I missing something.

Thanks in Advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Unable to login to mysql database after system restart
December 16, 2011 12:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.