Date: August 09, 2004 01:29PM

Ryan Peterson wrote:
> specific, also, I checked in the morning the
> count(*) and it is what it has been for the past
> couple days 90,000, then I check in the evening
> and it returned only 45 rows, would it have
> something to do with the number going over
> 100,000?

If you think that the row count could have increased to over 100,000 then presumably there is some process that is adding rows. It really sounds like something has deleted the rows.

One other thought - if you are using phpmyadmin, are you sure that you are looking at the correct database when you see the 45 rows? I have had situations where I have moved phpmyadmin to a different location and forgotten to edit the config file. So, the first time I enter:

http://www.somelocation/phpmyadmin

it looks at the databases on that server, but then, after refreshing the window, it redirects to the original server specified in the config file and connects to the database there. You mentioned that you've moved from Linux to Windows (why?) so is it possible that in certain situations your phpadmin is looking at the wrong server?

It might be worth a look in config.inc.php to see where phpmyadmin is pointing. What happens if you do a count() from the msql> prompt on the windows machine?

Nick

--
Nick Roper

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
August 09, 2004 10:29AM
August 09, 2004 11:22AM
August 09, 2004 01:11PM
Re: Disapperaing Rows??
August 09, 2004 01:29PM
August 09, 2004 01:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.