Re: data in my database appear like (????????)
Posted by: Rosen Manev
Date: June 13, 2006 07:10AM

Hello everyone.
I have the following problem similar as Alex got.
I have NuSOAP who is make connection to XML (xml ver.="1.0") script with header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>) and downloading data from it, after that the data is imported into my database (MySQL ver.=5.0.18) which is alredy setup under UTF8 encoding. After execution of my script the data included into my DataBase is look like this - ??????????.
The data in DB is cyrillic characters as well as the data which it is been downloaded, the problem is that the existe data is look fine into phpMyAdmin and into the browser, but the downloaded data is appear as ???????? under phpMyAdmin and within browser.
Note: Before the scritp execute insert querys it is set: SET NAMES 'utf8'
Note: Before I call my data from DB and show up into the browser I have set: SET NAMES 'cp1251'

the folowing lines are showing some info from my DB server:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set%'
'character_set_client', 'utf8'
'character_set_connection', 'utf8'
'character_set_database', 'utf8'
'character_set_results', 'utf8'
'character_set_server', 'latin1'
'character_set_system', 'utf8'
'character_sets_dir', 'E:\wamp\mysql\share\charsets\'

select hex('абвгд');
'D0B0D0B1D0B2D0B3D0B4'

Is there someone have idea why the inserted data is not appear in cp1251 character encoding?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.