Access to MySQL: transferring relationships
Posted by: Fred Riley
Date: November 22, 2005 08:36AM

Hi

A quick question: will the Migration Toolkit transfer the relationships between tables, as defined in the Access relationships window, when migrating an Access database to MySQL?

I've looked in the manual and as far as I can see it will migrate tables and their data, but it would be a pain to have to set up relationships and foreign keys from scratch, particularly as I'm a MySQL/PHP newbie. The only mention of "foreign keys" in the fine manual is section 6.10.2 but this says nothing about preserving relationships. There was a thread on this forum on 30th September entitled "Transfer Foreign Keys from Access" in which one contributor replied that the MT doesn't handle foreign keys, then Michael Zinner from MySQL AB replied:

"The foreign key migration should work. But you have to assign full privileges on all tables to the Administrator account. It is not enough to just make the system tables visible.

These steps are covered in the online manual. "

So, RTFM then, except there's nothing in TFM about FKs. Has anyone successfully migrated an Access database with its relationships/FKs?

TIA for any answers.

Cheers

Fred

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Access to MySQL: transferring relationships
November 22, 2005 08:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.