workbench encode migration problem. HELP
Posted by: Matias Velilla
Date: June 27, 2013 08:44AM

Hello guys, Argentinian Developer here. I really need help so im hopping you help me with this..

im using this post as last chance since i've spent more than 2 days trying to find a workaround with no luck.

MY GOAL:

To migrate a SQL SERVER DataBase with data to a MySQL version using Workbench

THE CONTEXT:

DB source is on a Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition. version: 9.00.1399.06

Server Collation is set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

I've changed the DB i wanna migrate to Modern_Spanish_CI_AS

In the other hand.. i have MySQL server 5.5.24 version.

So.. i installed MySQL Workbench 5.2.47 in my Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits

THE PROBLEM:

If i go normal way with Migration Wizard it uses Utf8_general_ci to replicate the schema and do bulkcopy so all my string columns are cutted as soon as they find a "spanish" character.

Example:

Mi cabeza tiene un moño rojo -> Mi cabeza tiene un mo

WHAT I'VE TRIED WITHOUT SUCCESS:

I've managed to get the complete strings editing manually the MySQL collation from where objects are made. that's in the first step, the schema replication.

So i've simply replaced utf8_general_ci with latin1_spanish_ci so all my DB and tables are now in a different collation when the schema is made.

but after the bulkcopy now my strings are converted as follows:

Mi cabeza tiene un moño rojo -> Mi cabeza tiene un mo?o rojo

(same happens with áéíóú etc, etc.)

My guess is i gotta change the encode workbench is using to migrate data since if i read the log after proccessing it says it used utf8_general_ci to transfer data (even when i change the schema object collations from manual editing)

I read the workbench manual and it says something about that but the information is so old, those files .PDF are telling me to edit dont event exist anymore !

Im pretty sure im not the only one trying to find a quick way to solve this. So you'll be helping a bunch of people !

Thanks and regards

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.