Re: Migration from ubuntu mysql 5.7 to windows mysql 5.7
Posted by: calvin law
Date: September 17, 2020 01:30AM

Hey Guys,

I had figure it out what is the real issue and the little tweak that you can do it yourself which is an very expensive school fees for me (time is gold).

If you have a very limited resources such like RAMS and Processor on your server or computer, you can try this.

1. Go to the my.ini file, which is located at c:\program data\mysql\mysql5.7\, which is hidden.

2. Change the settings on

max_allowed_packet=3072M (in my case I only got 4GB of RAM, so try to capture
as much packet as it can).
wait_timeout = 28800
interactive_timeout = 28800
connect_timeout = 30
max_user_connections = 0
net_retry_count = 10

Modify the values and it will refrain from errors like MYSQL SERVER HAS GONE AWAY.

3. When you do migration, select you database and select the table individually, especially big tables, so do it bit by bit, so that you wont encounter any errors. On the BULK DATA TRANSFER session, In the OPTION menu, UNCHECK truncate target tables and select only 1 threads for the migration (as the server does not have enough memory to capture so many data at once as it will become unstable).

4. If you encounter any errors like FAILED TO MIGRATE TABLE, use your own computer to migrate to the server, vice versa.

5. Nevertheless, of course, always double check your work.

Signing Off

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Migration from ubuntu mysql 5.7 to windows mysql 5.7
September 17, 2020 01:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.